Do you want to build your career in Indian Air Force? Are you interested in I
Let us start from the basic details about the job post of Fighter Pilot in IAF. Here we are going to talk about the Flying Branch of IAF. Flying branch further divided into three sub branches
- Flying Branch
So, if you interested to become a air force Fighter Pilot , you must give all the attention on that very first sub branch (Fighter Pilot) .
Earlier only male Officers are allowed to become Fighter Pilots in IAF. But After Oct 2015 Female Officers are also inducted in Indian air force. As you know Flight Lieutenant Avani Chaturvedi is one of the first female fighter pilots of Indian Air Force. She was inducted into the Indian Air Force as a Fighter Pilot in June 2016.
WAYS TO BECOME A FIGHTER PILOT IN INDIAN AIR FORCE
- WAYS TO BECOME A FIGHTER PILOT IN INDIAN AIR FORCE
- NDA ENTRY (AFTER 10+2 PCM)
- IMPORTANT DATES FOR NDA EXAM
- PHYSICAL STANDARDS
- MEDICAL STANDARDS (For Fighter Pilot in Indian Air Force)
- AFTER GRADUATION (CDS, AFCAT, AND NCC ENTRY)
- CDS ENTRY
- NCC ENTRY (special entry permanent commission)
- Final Words :
- Quick Link Zone
There are two ways to become a fighter pilot in Indian Air Force
- NDA Entry (after 12th with PCM subjects)
- After Graduation CDS, AFCAT, AND NCC ENTRY (any 3 or 4 years long Graduation course along with 12th standard with Science stream PCM subjects )
NDA ENTRY (AFTER 10+2 PCM)
This entry mode is for students who passed 12th standard or appearing in Science stream with PCM subjects. Only male candidate can apply for this entry mode. NDA entrance examination is conducted by the UPSC twice a year usually in April and November. You can apply online using official sites of UPSC – upsc.gov.in and upsconline.nic.in
- Educational Qualifications:- 10+2 Science stream schooling with Physics and Mathematics subjects
- Age Limit :- 16½ to 19 years
- Gender :- Male Only
IMPORTANT DATES FOR NDA EXAM
|Events||NDA I||NDA II|
|Release date of notification||9th January||7th August|
|Application form available||9th January||7th August|
|Last date to submit the Online application||4th February||3rd September|
|Admit card release Date||1 or 2 weeks before the exam||1 or 2 weeks before the exam|
|Declaration of result||May||November|
After successfully applying online application, you will be called to appear for NDA written examination. If you clear this written examination Successfully, you will be called to appear for SSB (Services Selection Board) Interview.
The SSB Interview is a 2 Stage over more than 5 days process. First reporting at the SSB board, followed by document check, Verification and form filling[PIQ forms]. The first stage consists of Screening followed by Verbal and Non-verbal Test and PPDT (Picture Perception and Discussion test). After the compeltion of PPDT, your screening results will be declared. If you are selected, you will be allotted the new chest number. Rest of the candidates will be rooted back to home.
Stage-2 consists of series of tests, like Psychological Tests, Thematic Apperception Test (TAT), Word Association Test (WAT), Situation Reaction Test (SRT), Self Description Test (SD), GTO Test, Individual Lecturer, Personal Interview and Conference. Those who get selected will be appear for PABT (Pilot Aptitude Battery Test). It is a test to check the potential of Flying Branch candidates.
To join Indian Air Force as a Fighter Pilot, you, must fulfill the basic set of Physical standards. These are some main things :-
- Good Physical and Mental health.
- Weight and Height ratio.
- There should be no bone disease.
- Your hearing must be normal.
- You should be free from skin disease.
- Well developed chest (minimum range of expansion after full inspiration should be minimum 5 cm)
MEDICAL STANDARDS (For Fighter Pilot in Indian Air Force)
In case of Air Force Fighter Pilot recruitment, Some additional set of Medical standards required, which a candidate has to fulfill . Some important tests and things checked as part of a Air Force Fighter Pilot Medical test are-
- Vision (Eyesight requirements)
- Spinal Conditions
- Anthropometric Measurements
- Occular Muscle Balance
Click on this image to read | Click on image to enlarge
In the end of all test, an all India Level Merit list is made. All selected candidates are called for 4 year of training. At the end of the training they become flying officers in IAF and thus stand a chance of becoming Fighter Pilots after a long training!
AFTER GRADUATION (CDS, AFCAT, AND NCC ENTRY)
If you are unable to join Indian Air Force as a Fighter Pilot right after 12th (or during in 12th), you may try again after Graduation for too. You can also apply during the final year of Graduation program but you will be required to submit proof of passing before SSB interview. There are three main Entry modes available in front of Graduates- CDS exam (Combined Defence Services Examination), NCC direct entry ( special entry for NCC cadets) and AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test).
CDS Examination is conducted by UPSC twice a year. advertisement are make available during the month of June and September by UPSC. Only unmarried candidates are allowed for this mode of entry. Application can be from any stream but for entry of Airforce and Navy candidates should have studies Physics and Math subjects up to 12th. You may register online on upsc.gov.in and upsconline.nic.in sites to appear for written examination.
- Educational Qualifications :- Graduation Degree (3 or 4 years from a Recognized University). Also 10+2 Science (Physics and Mathematics subjects for Air force and Navy candidates).
- Age Limit:- 20 to 24 years.
- Male and female both are allowed.
AFCAT Examination is conducted by the Indian Air Force twice a year. It may help you to become a Air Force fighter pilot. The advertisements are put out in the months of June and December and exams will be conducted during February and August. The test is conducted all across India by the Indian Air Force. You may register online on www.careerindiaairforce.cdac.in site.
- Education Qualification:
- Flying Branch: minimum of 60% marks each in Math and Physics in 12th.
- 3 or 4 years degree from a recoganised university with minimum 60% marks.
- Marital Status:-
- Below 25 years must be unmarried.
NCC ENTRY (special entry permanent commission)
If you become a Fighter Pilot in Indian Air Force NCC entry is the best option for you. Indian Air Force give a good opportunity to cadets possessing Air Squadron NCC Senior Division ‘C’ Certificate. Eligible candidates are to apply through DG NCC or their respective NCC Air Squadron. . Permanent Commission offered for men candidates. After applying, they will have to directly called for 5 days SSB interview
- Age limit –20 to 24 years (at the time of commencement of course). Candidates holding valid Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA(Directorate General of Civil Aviation India) relaxed up to 26 years
- Marital Status – Single
- Nationality – Indian
- NCC Air Wing Senior Division ’C’ certificate (validity of the certificate would be two years before the date of commencement of the course)
- Graduate 3 year from any recognised University with minimum 60% marks or equivalent and have passed Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level
advertisement Schedule: – Advertisement for NCC Special Entry is released by the Indian Air Force in the months of June and December.
Final Words :
We hope you like the post it that may help you to become a fighter pilot in Air Force. If you like this please don’t forget to share on social media. You Can also Bookmark (www.waytoairforce.com) latest alerts regarding other related Exam, Result and Admit Card.
Quick Link Zone
|ONLINE TEST||CLICK HERE|
|NDA EXAM||CLICK HERE|
|CDS SYLLABUS||CLICK HERE|
|AIR FORCE OFFICIAL WEBSITE||CLICK HERE|
|FOR MORE DETAILS||CLICK HERE|